Friday, February 27, 2009

So this is the beginning.....

So, this is the beginning. Of what I'm not sure. I guess we'll see where it goes. Mike has been blogging forever and I always enjoy reading it- so here I go with both feet.....into the great blog open.

Why Cupcakes and Crossbones? I guess that's as good a place as any to start.
My life often seems like a contradiction.
Mike and I are very different. He is ultra fit and into riding his bike a lot. He is dedicated, driven, and tough. He seems to feel very little physical pain. He is happiest in motion.
I am the opposite. I like to read, bake, and knit. I like to sit. I get tired easily. I often have physical pain. Then, there is our amazing daughter, Mabel. Mabel is a scary combination of the two of us with a lot of herself mixed in. She like to be in motion ALL day then settle in and cuddle in the evening. She likes to run, ride, spin, skip, dance. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She is honest about her feelings to a fault. She has energy for days.
She helps keep us tuned in to each other.
This is us.....cupcakes and crossbones



This is kinda What I Mean...






This is Mabel acting like Mike...

MOTION





This is Mabel being more like me...


STILL









This is the combo...


MABEL

1 comment:

  1. Forgive me for applying my particularly warped analysis of symbolism and numerology to your blog title. When I look at Cupcakes & Crossbones I see CC and C being the third letter of the alphabet this makes 33- a fascinating number. Jesus was 33 when he died on the cross which relates to the cross in Crossbones. There are 33 vertebrae in the human spine which relates to the bones. The number mysteriously appears on Rolling Rock beer labels. Disneyland has a curious private club called simply "Club 33" (membership is currently closed). Scottish Rite Freemasonry has 33 initiatory degrees with the earliest known lodge dating to 1733 at Temple Bar in London. Strangely the Supreme Council of Scottish Rite Freemasonry has the address of 1733 in Washington DC. Freemasonry is believed to have originated from the ashes of the Knights Templar who escaped to Scotland after being excommunicated and driven out of France during the crusades. Other Knights took to the seas and became what we know as the pirates flying the famous skull and crossbones. This was not a symbol of death but a symbol of the resurrection of the order as it referred to Gol'gotha- "the place of the skull" and the cross which again brings us back to the 33. Cupcakes is interesting as this could relate to the last supper with the cup being the chalice containing wine and cakes being the bread. The sacrament of the eucharist is an ancient pagan rite that involved the use of corn, wine and oil. In the last supper we have the wine and the corn or grain in the form of the bread but where is the oil? The oil is presented as Christ himself. This makes sense when realize that the Greek word Khristos means "the anointed" which was translated from the Hebrew word Messiah meaning "the one who is anointed, typically with anointing oil." Incidentally this is also where we get Crisco oil.

    ReplyDelete