Sunday, March 1, 2009

This week I am a single parent....

So today starts my week as a single parent. Mike is going to what I refer lovingly to as "Bike Nerd School." He gets to go to California and ride Specialized bikes for a week while learning about next year's line and lots of other Bike Nerd stuff. I think it is just what the Dr. ordered. I see Mike getting restless and needing to ride outside. The "free" therapy his bike provides him is better than any shrink! He comes home happy and clear headed after a good hard ride. This COLD snowy winter has taken its toll on the biking spirit of my man. A week in Cali with other nerds and daily rides is going to do the whole family good.

As for Mabel and I, we will be using the love and support of family and neighbors to get shuttled around and make it through the week logistically. We are having a mini early birthday party at Mom and Dad's tonight. I requested chocolate chip cupcakes and a simple meal this year. I am not excited about turning 35 and will just lay low this year. That being said, some dear friends are taking me out for afternoon martinis on Thursday for the actual blessed day. I look forward to that!!!

These are the things on my mind.....for now

1 comment:

  1. MMM, bike nerd school. I wish I was in Cali riding my bike. Instead I am in my basement watching other people ride their bike in the Tour of California. Lucky for you your friend Mo is coming back home!

    ReplyDelete