Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Excuse me, Bike Nerds, I'd like my man back.......

So its only Wed and I would like my man back. This week has been crazy. Even with tons of help, this single parent stuff is a bunch of BS!!!!
Today was the hardest day yet. Day #3 of getting up early for work, seeing Mabel for an hour a day, and transporting a really sick kid.
Cupcakes and Crossbones...
First Crossbones:
A teenage kid that was super healthy until yesterday when he got a headache. Now he is in the hospital with meningitis. Not a good kind- if there is one. His classmate is also there. They are SICK. I have mass hysteria. Scared of getting sick and not getting better like a "normal" person because of my nervous system issues. He was fine last week. Now, well, not so much. The docs I trust say there is virtually NO risk of me getting it because we protected ourselves......TRUST. Not easy for an anxious soul. Today, work, loneliness, and anxiety are my crossbones.
Now Cupcakes:
I got to come home to my family. I, of course, changed clothes, showered, and brushed my teeth before the hugs and kisses( all due to the mass hysteria). Mabel was still dressed wacky Wednesday style- mismatched socks, jeans, and a hooded dress on backwards. I love that she feels free enough to be funny and mismatched. She is my cupcake. Tonight, I will wear Mike's shirt to bed and smell him and feel safe. He wore it before he left and got it all man smelly- not like sweaty man smelly but like my man smelly. Good smelly- I love it. He is my cupcake.
These are the things on my mind.........for now.

1 comment: